Sankt Lambrecht is a municipality in the District of Murau, Styria, Austria, and the highest market town in the state (1028 meters above sea level) on the Thajagraben, the Styrian-Carinthian border mountain. Trades practiced in Sankt Lambrecht are woodworking
(windows, furniture, chairs), a dynamite factory (explosives, military products), and tourism.
St. Lambrecht's Abbey is one of the most important Benedictine monasteries in Austria and lies in the Grebenzen nature reserve The earliest sign of the monks is documented in 1076. Worth seeing are the Benedictine monastery (established 1096) and the Gothic
monastery church (rebuilt in 1421).
During World War II the town housed two of the sub-camps of the infamous Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp, one for male inmates and one for females.