Innsbruck offers a wide range of offerings in terms of après-ski and leisure offerings. Whether the party or evening of culture - you will not lacking anything. Refuges and restaurants invite you right on / near the tracks at a snack and a drink and later
in numerous bars, discos and clubs can turn night into day. A favorite meeting place for boarders is "Jimmy's", but also "Plan B", "Disco Plateau" or "Jolly" are very popular local. If you want something more stylish you can take advantage of the big city,
very wide offer of concerts, art galleries and shows. We recommend shopping street Maria-Theresien with smaller or larger stores and its cafes. For other sports activities are available bowling, indoor swimming pools, natural and artificial ice rinks, climbing
and a slide. A visit to "The World of Crystal in Wattens, or exploring the city and its various tourist attractions such as the Hofburg and Ambras Castle and the famous" Golden Roof "really deserves a day or two!
Charm is certainly due to geographical position: ridges north and south peaks of the Alps and Stubai Tuxer. Innsbruck, which means "bridge over the River Inn, is compact and easily explored on foot.
One of the five major cities of Austria, Innsbruck is famous worldwide for the possibilities of winter sports. Here are five ski built to Olympic standards. Stubai Glacier, about 40 km from Inssbruck, can ski all year round.
To discover the true beauty of the city it is advisable to get in Stadtturm, a lovely building dating from the fourteenth century.
Other attractions of the area are:
- Ambras Castle with over 300 portraits of prominent members of the Habsburg dynasty and even a portrait of Vlad Tepes.
- The Imperial Palace dating from 1397 which has largely kept its original appearance in spite of the many restorations over time.
- Imperial Church built in memory of Emperor Maximilian.
- St. James
- Wilten Basilica, the most wonderful place of worship in Tirol
- Cathedral St. Jakob impressive baroque interior in the smallest details and its structures.
- Silver chapel dating from 1578, is buried in the place of Archduke Ferdinand II and its wife.
- Golden Roof (Goldenes Dachl) is a memorable building, built in Gothic and Baroque style that combines the main tourist attraction.
- Hall Riesensaal 31 meters long, with ceilings decorated in frescoes and marble decorations, gold and porcelain.
- Berg ISEL Schanze is a place where you can ski jump
- Anatomic Science Museum
- Museum of Armament Zeughaus
- Museum of Arts
- Bells Museum
- City Museum and City Archives
- Museum Goldenes Dachl
- Ferdinandeum Museum which contains the largest collection of Gothic art in Austria.
- Alpenzoo Zoo that houses unique collection of birds and mammals in the Alps Mountains.